92 Harley Street
Harley Street, London is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
Women’s Health Practice Nurse will be one of a group of specialist nurses in 92 Harley Street/ Boston Place. The Post Holder will manage all nurse clinical duties at 92 Harley Street, providing exceptional patient care in line with our company values.
- Provide nursing treatment to patients in participation with general practitioners, using agreed protocols, including the taking of cervical smears.
- Provide general and specific health screening to the patients (within the agreed protocols) with referral to general practitioners as necessary.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication, medication regimes, side-effects and interactions
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care.
- To develop a satisfactory level of clinical competence in Hormone Menopause and ART skills e.g. plan and co-ordinate treatment cycles, to undertake specific investigations
- To take Blood tests such as endocrine/ hormonal profiles, TFTs Virology Harmony tests ,screenings, and liaise with clinicians regarding results, etc
- To demonstrate use of excellent communication skills to support patients and families in highly stressful situations
- To provide clinical advice and support/supervision to nurses/Health care Assistant and other members of the multi-disciplinary team including clinicians and act as a role model.
- To exercise professional accountability at all times and to be aware of own
- To ensure and Audit COSHH, Infection Control, Risk Management and maintenance of health and safety at 92 Harley street is implemented according to unit policy and that every effort is made to identify and minimise potential risks/hazards.
- To work with the Nurse Manager to ensure that there is an active and appropriate teaching programme to meet the needs of staff and the service and to be proactive within this programme.
- To participate in department review and audit of clinical procedures and protocols to enhance patient care.
- To contribute to the continuing development of professional nursing practice within the unit, embracing new ideas and changes for the benefit of patient care.
- To keep up to date with clinical practice issues relating to ART/Women’s Health nursing.
- Always act within the NMC scope of professional practice and code of professional conduct respecting patient safety and confidentiality.
Qualifications and experience
- 1st level registration with NMC
- Interest in Women’s Health
- Knowledge of change management
- Understanding of clinical governance and audit issues
- Taking Cervical Smears