Boston Place, London is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
Main focus is to provide first class customer service. Must act as the central point for patients, staff and visitors who make enquiries in person, by telephone and/or email.
- Able to deal with high volumes of patient calls patiently, professionally and efficiently
- With close attention to detail, carry out all admin tasks and phone calls with the highest standards of patient confidentiality
- The role requires a level of patience and resilience in dealing with patients
- To be conversant with the patient database for recording and maintaining patient information, including the appointment system and invoicing system
- Ensure all communication with the patient is documented in the patient database
- To carry out the scanning and allocating of patient notes, invoices and other paperwork as required
- Responsible for responding to patient e-mail enquiries in a timely manner
- Issue visitor passes and ensure log is fully completed.
- To answer and/or appropriately refer all incoming calls to personnel within the unit
- To ensure efficient running of clinics by registering arrivals and informing clinical staff timeously
- Making up patient information brochures.
- To set up meeting rooms for information evenings and arrange rooms and refreshments for visitors to the clinic.
- May be required to be on the clinic opening rota (start time 7.45am) – TBD
- May also be required to cover the reception role
- Will be require to be part of the weekend rota working Saturday mornings and possibly Sunday mornings on a rotational basis with time off in lieu
- May be required to work till 7pm on a rotational basis up to once a month
- Take payments by cash or card in person or by card over the telephone. Be prepared to contact patients to follow up on missed/outstanding payments
- Issue invoices and raise receipts due to patients.
- Be fully conversant on all services and prices on offer by Boston Place
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals. A level of maturity, empathy and resilience are key qualities in this respect
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Significant experience of working within a busy medical administration department
- Must be computer literate – knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a busy team
- Possess a flexible and adaptive approach to the role – be able to deal with the unexpected and be prepared to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and pitch in where required
- Experience in health care setting
- Experience of electronic appointment/patient management systems
- Basic account keeping skills – must be organised and able to work quickly and efficiently