Thames Valley Fertility
Thames Valley Fertility is part of the Fertility Partnership, which is one of the largest providers of IVF in the UK. Our clinics, our staff and our patients, benefit from the partnership and all the expertise within the group.
To work within Thames Valley Fertility (TVF) embryology team and assist in delivering a high quality technical service to support laboratory activities.
- To work under the direction of the Laboratory Manager / Deputy.
- To maintain confidentiality and ensure patients’ rights and dignity are maintained at all times.
- To attend embryology team meetings as required.
- To maintain effective communication at all times with patients, medical staff, nursing staff, and other colleagues regarding treatments as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate, timely and legible patient records, either by written or computerised documentation, of procedures performed in line with the clinic’s quality SOPs.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of the Thames Valley Fertility quality management system (QMS).
- To assist with laboratory stock take and re-ordering as required to ensure that adequate supplies are kept available and a stock rotation system is adhered to.
- To participate in laboratory quality control routines under supervision.
- To calibrate / adjust critical equipment set points as required under direct supervision.
- To prepare culture medium, tubes and dishes using aseptic technique.
- To carry out laboratory and equipment cleaning routines as per established timetable.
- Conduct weekly consumable stock takes and orders as necessary.
- Track and document receipt of consumable orders.
- Ensure that formal evidence of daily batch records for media and laboratory consumables are maintained.
- Act as a ‘Witness’ for laboratory procedures as required.
- Log treatment cycle details onto patient electronic records.
- Coordinate weekly top up of liquid nitrogen tanks and update/monitor relevant QC records.
- Prepare laboratory work sheets for upcoming treatment cycles.
- Update laboratory diary daily from IDEAS.
- Participate in performance reviews; attend meetings as required.
- Upon further training, to perform semen analysis and semen preparation for treatment and to assist with the UKNEQAS external quality control for semen analysis.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Laboratory Manager.