The Fertility Partnership
The Fertility Partnership is a group of national and international clinics specialising in IVF with some of the highest success rates in Europe.
This new role is pivotal to support the growth of The Fertility Partnership. The Group Customer Relationship Manager is responsible for overseeing the entirety of the patient care journey within our IVF clinics. The Group Customer Relationship Manager must ensure that the group and clinic goals and targets are met in a timely fashion by effectively and efficiently managing the shared services team and resources. The role requires a proactive manager, capable of proposing and delivering solutions across a multitude of operational areas.
The post holder is responsible for delivering and maintaining the highest standard of patient care in accordance with HF&E Act 2008 and the current HFEA Code of Practice.
Planning and organising
- Responsible for business development, HR, administration, QM, facilities, legal and all non-clinical services for the following services:
- TFP Patient Care Centre (staff based in Nottingham)
- TFP Gamete Bank (staff based in Nottingham)
- TFP Medical Typing Service (staff based in Oxford)
- To be a member of The Fertility Partnership (TFP) Management Team
- To oversee and coordinate patient throughput of the patient care centre and the gamete bank.
- To ensure all treatments covered by the HFEA license, CQC, ISO and other regulators are in full compliance with those requirements.
- To develop strategic plans by studying technological and commercial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives with a thorough plan.
- To ensure optimal staffing allocation within the given financial framework, and to develop work rotas accordingly.
- To build the image of the clinic(s) by collaborating with customers, governing bodies, community organizations, and employees
Operations management, compliance management, customer service and support
- To develop and maintain systems and processes which ensure that the patients’ experience of the clinics are as good as possible. This involves the patients’ sense of care, control, value and cost in a broad sense.
- To ensure that all procedures undertaken in the patient care center are conducted and documented in accordance with the clinics QMS as well as the HFEA Code of Practice and other regulatory requirements such as ISO and the Care Quality Commission.
- To supervise the work in the service and make sure that it is conducted in accordance with regulatory and the clinic requirements as well as best practice.
Analysis and reporting
- To prepare the monthly operational report for the service.
- To ensure that documentation and record keeping meet regulatory requirements as well as the needs of the clinics.
- To generate statistics for performance monitoring and report them as appropriate.
- To ensure that communication and cooperation with other functional areas is effective.
- To ensure that information to colleagues, patients, and the general public is accurate and appropriate within the area of responsibility.
- To actively assist in marketing efforts.
- To help project the image of TFP in professional and patient communities.
Research, continuous improvement and quality management
- To develop and maintain standard operating procedures and new protocols as practices and technology develops.
- To work with the Head of Quality to ensure that the Quality Management System is updated regularly.
- To participate in the recruitment of staff to the service.
- To have the documented procedures for all shared service Staff
- To performance manage staff in the shared services team (includes annual appraisals).
- To ensure that staff members are current with regard to practices and knowledge by providing opportunities for CPD.
- To ensure that staff members get appropriate training in all relevant aspects of assisted conception so that the service can develop its offering and exploit opportunities.
Supervision and training
- To participate in teaching, training and supervision of employees, students and trainees.
- To carry out annual appraisals and coordinate staff training.
- To actively participate in Patient Information Evenings and to ensure other members of the team are trained to participate in these sessions.
Health and safety
- The ensure the efficient and safe functioning of all areas.
- To ensure all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
Qualifications and experience
- Good standard of general education
- Proactive manager capable of assessing and costing new business opportunities
- Knowledge of marketing strategies
- Previous experience in senior management roles
- Demonstrable experience in business development
- Contract negotiation skills, capable of negotiating effectively with new business leads
- Able to interpret financial statements and improve business profitability
- Able to improve financial reporting systems and analysis
- Able to work with the senior management team to drive the business forward
- Excellent leadership, organisation and communication skills
- Adept at using MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Be able to properly manage teams and employees
- Be able to delegate responsibilities
- Be resourceful, inventive and self-confident
- Degree level education