Oxford Fertility was established 35 years ago and is one of the UK’s largest assisted conception clinics, based in state of the art facilities, undertaking around 2,500 fresh and frozen treatment cycles per year. We are part of The Fertility Partnership (TFP), the UK’s largest provider of assisted conception treatments. TFP has IVF labs in Oxford, London, Southampton, Nottingham, Glasgow, Belfast, Maidenhead, Chelmsford, plus Krakow and Szczecin in Poland. Strengths of the Group include regular KPI meetings in which best practice is bench-marked and shared.
Oxford Fertility offers all the modern assisted conception techniques including IVF, ICSI, IVM, IMSI, PICSI, IUI, timelapse imaging, Embryo biopsy PGT for inherited disease and/or aneuploidy, fertility preservation, embryo and oocyte vitrification, 3D pelvic scanning, Surgical Sperm Retrieval and sperm DNA fragmentation. Around half of treatment cycles are NHS funded.
Oxford Fertility has a long track record of prize-winning research and development. In particular, our research led to the UK’s first successful IVM babies (2007) and also the first UK success with PGT-A using aCGH (2010). We always have a number of ongoing RCTs including ones developed, run and funded by our own team. Current Oxford Fertility-led RCTs include one examining different medicated frozen embryo replacement protocols, and another assessing the role of Embryo Glue.
The post holder must have a full GMC registration and will work with the other doctors within the clinic. The post holder is responsible for delivering and maintaining the highest standard of clinical and patient care in accordance with HF&E Act 2008 and the current HFEA Code of Practice.
A suitable candidate for the role will be a motivated, and enthusiastic Doctor who wants to specialise in Fertility or is already a Specialist in Fertility to join our team of approximately 70 doctors, nurses, embryologists and administrative staff. The role could suit a doctor from any specialty, including General Practice, who wishes to develop an interest in Fertility. The post includes the potential for Part Time work.
You will also be encouraged to participate in research as part of this role and within the clinic.
- Consultations with patients/couples
- Egg collections and Embryo Transfers
- Surgical Sperm Retrievals
- Management of patients before, during and after their fertility treatment cycles
- Participation in the on-call rota (involving weekend embryo transfers)
- Work closely with medical, nursing and other colleagues to offer the highest level of patient care
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary fertility team
Qualifications and experience
- Fully registered with the GMC
- Fully experienced or with an interest in developing knowledge and experience, with appropriate training, in fertility and assisted conception
- Effective communication skills
- Patient focused
If you’d like to apply please email your CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant skills to firstname.lastname@example.org